We have a very exciting opportunity to join our digital marketing team at August Ash as a Digital Marketing Strategist. If you love the challenge and responsibility of creating and collaborating on the planning, strategy, and execution of online marketing plans you just may be the person we’re looking for. Working at August Ash means you’ll be getting to work on some of the most recognizable brands in the state of Minnesota across e-commerce, service area businesses, and a range of B2B companies.
We are looking for an outstanding individual who is up to speed with our industry’s latest tools and tactics and just as comfortable in the meeting room explaining their ideas for creating growth. This is a multi-disciplinary role. Meaning they’ll be involved in planning, analysis, strategy, user-experience design, improving conversion rates, leveraging email marketing, and understanding the roles of content creation and the social space.
- 3+ years of full-time experience working in an agency environment
- Strategy, planning, implementation, and ongoing management of organic and paid search engine marketing for all major digital platforms
- Keyword research and analysis
- Client Search Engine ranking analysis and reporting
- Monitoring and managing daily progress of search and social marketing campaign details including strategy and implementation, copywriting, budgets, and reporting
- Trend analysis and Web Analytics interpretation to make appropriate campaign strategy adjustments
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Some familiarity with A/B and multivariate experiments
- Help plan, develop, and execute digital marketing plans for clients
- Set-up benchmarking to track, report, and analyze KPI’s and initiatives
- Conduct buyer persona workshops to gain and give insight into the client’s customers
- Develop key messaging for website and online promotional channels
- Help educate and coach clients on choices, decisions, and directions
- Report and present findings and recommendations externally & internally
- Manage a diverse growing roster of clients
Can you adapt? The one constant in our industry is rapid change. That means the processes, tools, and methodologies that created last month’s success, might not be what is needed next month. So, can you adapt?
Do you love to learn? We believe a love of learning is fundamental for a successful long-term career in Digital Marketing. You’ll be expected to direct a lot of your own learning and we’ll support you with monthly “Learning Labs”, attendance to industry and local events and meet-ups.
Are You Collaborative? Managing paid search campaigns is largely about being organized and managing your own productivity. Even if you’re a left-brained marketer we would love it if you’re naturally collaborative because we’re a friendly bunch and we hope you are too.
Can You Always Do The Right Thing? Managing someone else’s money is a tremendous responsibility and PPC management is a partnership based on trust. It’s not about sending reports with good news, it’s about always doing the right thing for a client, even if they don’t understand or know what you’re doing, And sometimes that also means having courageous conversations.
Teach Us!?Part of “Learning and improving in everything we do”, is taking time to teach others around us about the latest trends, new findings, or helpful insights. The modern marketer needs to have a solid grasp on a variety of skills and technologies – and we expect you’ll be a part of that ongoing growth.
Why Work Here?
The People: At August Ash it’s mainly about the people. That understanding is important. Because even if we try to lure talented people with pinball machines and free swag, we know that after the novelty wears off, who you spend around 40 hrs of your week with, is what really matters.
The Culture: We're (slightly) counter-cultural - and we believe in a good way. You won’t find glow in the dark ping-pong tables and beer taps and you also won’t find people around you burned out from working 65 hour weeks. It’s all about a group of smart people, who are good-natured, working hard to delight customers in an industry they love.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.